Friday, July 01, 2005

Italy, Albania, & Greece

So much for posting 'often'

So to sum things up from the last entry, I've now met up with Luke and
we've seen the sights of Rome - I was there almost a week, it's kind
of hard to believe. Rome I must say is quite amazing, the sights, the
piazzas, the people, and the food. All mixed into a great few days.

From Rome we ventured forth to Naples then right to Pompei to see some
amazing ruins, yet after Rome and Pompei I'm a bit ruined out. We
planned to go to Corfu right from Pompei after taking the train, then
ferry, but we unfortunately missed our train, therefore missing our
ferry as well. So with the few hours we had to wait for the next
train we decided to catch the next ferry - which went Albania!

Albania was a great experience and we managed to (luckily) meet a
couple Canadians that were from there originally. They got us on our
way to the south from the port we arrived in and we saw some great
scenery along the way. There are some very generous and kind people
in Albania and it's a country I'd definately like to explore more some
day.

I'm now in Corfu, in Corfu Town to be exact, coming back from the Pink
Palace - sort of a summer camp for big kids with lots of alcohol :)
We're off to Athens today then heading onto the islands of the
Cyclades. That's it for now, especialy since I've only got 1 minute
left on my card!! I hate timed internet places, I always feel like
I'm rushing.

Anyway, until the next post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post