Sunday, April 13, 2008

Off the Beaten Track

From Rio until Buenos Aires I was traveling solo after parting ways with Sarah, Tom, Michelle, and Megan. My overall plan was to make it to Buenos Aires by April 14 (about 7 days) to meet up with the second organized tour I just recently signed up for. From Rio I went south to Curitiba, then Torres (a little surfing town further down the coast, photo above), and finally to Montevideo before reaching Buenos Aires. All told I was in transit for over 40 hours in that week - a lot of moving around for me.

Curitiba is known for its green design, but I can't say I stayed there long enough to take in many of the sights. Torres was the highlight for this stretch, wish I could have stayed longer. A really chilled out town that seemed to have the perfect wave to learn how to surf, although I never tried. Montevideo was a strange experience for me after arriving from Torres on an overnight bus at 7am on a Sunday morning. The streets were deserted and it made for a strange walking tour of the city.

No comments: